Iphone 6s no LTE
WheresmyLTE

Phone: iphone 6s ios 11.2.5

History: Had service on PagePlus and decided to change to VZ prepaid expecting a little better service (oops). Got new VZ SIM and loaded it up. Phone worked fine

Text worked fine

Bar at top read LTE but every time I used browser or gmail app, received message no cellular data. Wifi off and LTE settings on voice and data or just data, same issue.

If I turn off the LTE, I can get 3g data.

Two 45+ min. chat sessions with VZ going through their entire script twice, still no LTE. Been through all of the basic approaches.

60 mins. with apple tech, no LTE.

Things tried- reinstall SIM

Reset Network settings

Restore phone

Erase profile

Erase all content and settings

Anyone else had success resolving this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 6s no LTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WheresmyLTE, I know how important it is to get your iPhone 6s working on your Prepaid account. Although we do not support Prepay services fully via this medium, I'm confident that our Prepay Department will be able to shed some light on your issue. Please give them a call at 1-888-294-6804 for assistance.

JustinB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WheresmyLTE

Actually, the Prepay department was not able to help. I am up over 10 hours on this issue and still no resolution. I have been through the tech script a few times, spent hours on hold, had someone try to sell me postpaid as if that would solve my connection issue, and when I simply asked for a new SIM card got put on hold for the person who could authorize that and got bounced back to the original ZV menu.

So no I cannot say that your answer was helpful as it cost me many hours and I still can only get 3g!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WheresmyLTE, we appreciate you letting us know about your current experience. It is also possible that the version of the iPhone you are using just does not support the LTE bands we operate on. Some iPhone models do not operate on the bands that we operate off of. These are sometimes associated with devices that are from carriers that operate off of different LTE bands. If the device is picking up everything else but our LTE, this very well may be the case. If you have access to a different iPhone, try swapping SIM cards to see if the same issue can be replicated.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes