Iphone X Advertisement Not honored
GLOWORM3551
Enthusiast - Level 1

We went to the Bloomsburg PA Verizone Wireless Office to get the $400.00 discount and at 1530 hours, the stock had run out for Black Friday.

1) Why wasn't there enough phones in stock and 2) why won't Verizon not honor their advertisement and/or issue a "rain Check", especially those in the store working up contracts at the time you SOLD OUT.  We waited several hours and we could've been elsewhere.  Been a loyal customer for years and you are not the only phone company around - we can vote with our feet and funds - Honor your advertisement!  PS You may want to look into who you have controlling your inventory - just say'in.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone X Advertisement Not honored
GLOWORM3551
Enthusiast - Level 1

In addition, we have gone to the PA Attorney Generals Office and PA Utilities Commission for assistance on this.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you realize that the deal was for a last year's model that Verizon Wireless and Apple might have wanted to sell out their stock?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PATRISH216
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted the same thing!!!  I am not happy and I too have been a loyal customer for many years!!!  Spent a lot of time and gas trying to get one!!!  They should have said in their ad that there was a limited supply or only until sold out!!!  It said it was offered until the end of the day on Black Friday!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gloworm3551, receiving the best deal for my equipment is very important to me as well. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We appreciate your many years of loyalty. We want to thank you for your interest in our Black Friday offers. Please keep in mind that all of our promotions are “while supplies last”. Current iPhone promotions include the iPhone trade-in and discounts on iPads and Apple Watches when you purchase an iPhone.

Rodney_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BRALEH83
Enthusiast - Level 2

Other threads are about the same thing.  VZ apparently embarassed to the point that they have taken the X down from their web site, despite offering (for the first time since midday Black Friday) earlier today that the phone is (was?) indeed available for backorder into mid-January.  This is a debacle that won't be ending soon...

0 Likes
ROBKLO42

I agree with what is being said about Verizon not honoring their advertisement on Black Friday. There was a post about Verizon adds, that they are while supplies last. I did not read anything in the Verizon Black Friday add about this and it was for the the whole day.  I see now that you can purchase an iphone X for the increased amount on the installment plan.  It is mind numbing when you talk to a Verizon customer service tech on Black Friday and they say that Verizon is out of stock and is not expected to get anymore then less then a week they have more for sale. I am a long time Verizon customer and this is making Verizon look like they are trying to put one over on their customers for the sake of the $$$. 

0 Likes
KATLUS7

This statement made by Verizon that the Black Friday promotion on the X phone was "until supply lasts" is a bunch of hooey. I was on the website from 10-12noon on the west coast when suddenly the website bumped me off. When I got back in, the X phone was not available to order so I called in. After much on hold and off, I was told I could call Monday and would get a rain check. I had confirmation numbers and everything. When I called back in, the sales department states after researching my account says nothing in my notes about a rain check. This is supposedly after speaking to a supervisor. First of all I know all conversations are recorded and can be retrieved to confirm was I was told.

I have called back 4 times in the past week after being on hold and then on the line 45 minutes. Ive been told a variety of stories and just getting the run around including only offering me $100 credit. I'm told they can just "see" what they can do now when it comes back available on Dec 18. Ah do you think I am some stupid consumer?

Ive been a Verizon customer since 2004, pay my hefty bill on time  and if you don't honor the rain check I was promised re: $490 with 20.48 month payments, I'm heading to another wireless carrier and will never return. My contracts are all expired for my family, I also will file complaints with the FCC and/or any other appropriate agency for deceptive advertising and/or misleading customers. It appears Verizon doesn't value loyalty.

0 Likes
KATLUS7

LOL. You are probably right about that! Anyone notice the helpful star where it says yes or no only clicks to give it a bold star? If you click on NO it wasn't helpful, it lights the star up as if you said yes.

0 Likes
ROBKLO42

Well KATLUS7 I want to congratulate you on getting a service supervisor to at least try to make it right with a rain check even though it was boggus one. I could only get the service tech to give me an example, if I owned a lemonade stand and I ran out of lemens what would I do.  I said that I would try and get another fruit flavor or get concentrated lemon juice just to keep my customers happy and comeback when I get real lemons again. So I would not lose my customers. Maybe Verizon should take a hint from the lemonade stand.

0 Likes