Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Iphone5s unlock
Iphone5s_unlock

I have an iphone 5s with IMEI [removed] and it is locked by your service and i cant use it with another carrier i want to ask if you can unlock this phone

Thank you in advance

Best regards

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone5s unlock
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us regarding your concern. We're here to provide further assistance and ensure you're provided with the best and most accurate information. As it turns out, we do not lock our 4G devices, other than our 4G Phone-in-the-Box Prepaid phones. Our 4G Phone-in-a-Box phones may only be used with Verizon Prepaid service for 1 year from original activation date or until payments in the amount specified on the back of the Phone-in-a-Box package are added to the Prepaid account. This is to partially offset the subsidy we provide to make our 4G Phone-in-the-Box Prepaid phones more affordable to customers. Once either of the criteria above is satisfied, you can dial *611 from your Verizon Wireless Prepaid phone or call 888.294.6804 and we will provide you with programming instructions so you can unlock your phone. If the user guide for your phone does not provide instructions to access the programming menu, we can help you with that as well. PLEASE NOTE: “Unlocking” a device refers only to disabling software that would prevent a consumer from attempting to activate a device designed for one carrier’s network on another carrier’s network. Due to differing technologies, an unlocked Verizon Wireless device may not work – or may experience limited functionality – on another carrier’s network. Can you please provide more details on the current trouble you're having with activating this device? 

0 Likes
Iphone5s_unlock

When i try to put SIM card from another carrier it says SIM card not valid and that it is not from the supported service provider and i cant contact you throught the phone because i am not in USA and i dont have verizon SIM card

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Iphone5s_unlock,

I appreciate those details, they do provide clarity. While any devices that we sell directly in the U.S. come globally unlocked, Verizon is not able to provide any guarantees toward their compatibility with a given international network. Where was this device purchased, and have you attempted speaking to a different carrier about a SIM?

Colin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Iphone5s_unlock

The phone is bought in USA i spoke with different carrier and they said only the carrier that locked the phone can unlock it so if you can just send me instructions to my e - mail on how to unlock my iphone it would be nice

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your time here is appreciated. As I see that you purchased the phone in the United States of America, I have this question for you: Do you still have the box, and if so, does it state that it is a Prepaid device? Here is a link with more information on our device unlocking procedures: https://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy. I have this question for you: Do you still have the box, and if so, does it state that it is a Prepaid device?

0 Likes