Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is it a bad time to switch to Verizon when a phone launches?
mbrennan128

Hi all,

I'm looking to switch over from AT&T to Verizon while I can take advantage of the $650 phone credit. That being said I'm also eyeing up the new iPhone X.

My question - is it a bad time to try and port 3 numbers and get three new phones during a launch event (done online)?

My understanding is that I would need to preorder the new phone and somehow port over my number from AT&T. Granted I don't want to be without one during that waiting period.

Maybe signing up for a new Verzion line when I order is the best bet then port after I get it? I'm really not sure.

There's 3 phones/lines I would need to do this with. Any direction would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is it a bad time to switch to Verizon when a phone launches?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Mbrennan128, we would love to for you to be part of our family. We are super excited about the new iPhone X. At launch you may experience delays with shipment. Your service is not ported or activated until the device is received. I hope that this information provides clarity on what you are options are. Pre order for this device will begin on October 27, 2017. For more information click here: http://spr.ly/65868FDqO

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

I would suggest that you read the threads on this community forum about the last iPhone launch and other high end phone launches. You could pre-order the phones and start getting bills for the payments before receiving the phones. Not all of phones might arrive at the same time so you could have some line on Verizon Wireless and others on AT&T.

Personally I would consider buying the phones unlocked from Apple and use them on your current carrier until you have all of the devices and then switch to Verizon Wireless near the end of your existing billing cycle to get the most out of your current cycle that you have already paid for.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
NICMOF

I would wait too see how the availability is after phone release, But I can confirm that they will not charge you for a phone you don't have, so if you have something on pre order, they will not start charging you for month to month until you receive the phone, Last year I pre ordered the jet black iPhone 7 plus at 3:00AM EST on release night and I still didn't get on the 16th (release date) they didn't charge me until I got he phone, But I also had service with them though a another device.

But I would wait until after, because you could wait weeks to months depending on availability, The iPhone X will have awful availability, so I wouldn't want to stretch out such a painful process.

0 Likes