Is it possible to receive a voicemail notification, but not have a voicemail?
jon681

I saw a blank red dot on the phone icon, clicked it and then a dot on the voice mail tab, clicked it but there was no new messages. I didn't have very good service when this happened, but when I got into good service I still didn't have a message. Is this common, is there such thing as a false voicemail notification, or did I lose a voicemail that I'll never be able to hear?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is it possible to receive a voicemail notification, but not have a voicemail?
jon681

Basically, what i'm trying to ask is ... Is it possible that if you have little to no service can a voicemail sent during that time somehow become "lost?"

0 Likes
Re: Is it possible to receive a voicemail notification, but not have a voicemail?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jon681!

I read both your entries and I'd love to shed some light on the subject for  you. Sometimes you may get a voice mail notification when you've already listened to the voice mail. This depends on different factors. I do want to clarify that you haven't missed a voice mail. You will not miss a voice mail if your signal is bad, since the call will still go to your voice mail box. Is this the first time you have experienced this? You can test it by calling your number and leaving a voice mail, just to make sure that it's working correctly.

ChristinaBaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jon681

Yes, this is the first time it has happened to me. I've not received a voicemail message in over a month, so it's possible that I could get a notification from one of those messages? It just seems odd to receive a notification from a voicemail message over a month old. I am expecting some important phone calls, so this situation has me worried that I might have missed their voicemail message and it has become "lost."

0 Likes