Is the iPhone6 model A1586 supported and available on Verizon service?
Lufty
Enthusiast - Level 2

We looking to ge the Apple iPhone6 model A1586. The A1586 is the unlocked sim-free smartphone (not set up for a contract or service with any provider). Id just vanilla!

We have sim cards on the way from Verizon for them, so will insert the sims in store (Apple store) activate. Ths far, everyone (Verizon techs agree around 40% that this will be an option, %60 say the phone isn't supported so...)

We were wondering if anyone else has this phone and know if it is available ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is the iPhone6 model A1586 supported and available on Verizon service?
mama23dogs
Legend

The unlocked and sim free version, ordered directly from Apple can be used on any network.  You can activate on Verizon, but more than a few have reported activation problems on ANY network.

When a phone is carrier locked, the IMEI number is recorded, then when sold, linked to a phone number or account.  Because these phones are not carrier locked the IMEI number appears nowhere. 

IT seems the only way to activate is get the number recorded.  It can be done online or in a store.

wynnnj1977
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had this phone (a1586 sim free from Apple store) last month. I had brought it to activate to verizon store without issue. They just gave me a new SIM card and activated. You shouldn't have any problem. Enjoy your new phone 😉

mama23dogs
Legend

Thanks for the confirmation!

your response will help others.  Smiley Happy

wynnnj1977
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anytime:) and I actually recommend to buy sim free A1586 version over Verizon model A1589 if you have to buy full price because it has more LTE bands

mama23dogs
Legend

Absolutely!

The iPhone 6 A1586 and the New Google Nexus 6 are the first phones that are truly universal.

I Am an android fan, but not in the market for a new phone any time soon, but I will be eyeing the Nexus line for the future.

0 Likes
wynnnj1977
Enthusiast - Level 3

Either iOS and android is good. Android is better for people who like to customize phone (I might be wrong) and I use iphone because I don't change anything on the phone (just use eBay, starbucks, Waze, facebook). Nexus 6 is too big for me and nexus 5 doesn't support verizon, otherwise, I would like to try nexus 5.

0 Likes