Iwatch cellular service.
Goldmasher

I’m getting an iwatch for my birthday. I’m trying to decide if I should get the watch with cellular service. My understanding is the cellular service is an additional $10/month beside the initial cost of the watch. . Can you stop and start the $10/month fee?  

0 Likes
Re: Iwatch cellular service.
rcschnoor
Legend

No, at least not how you are thinking.

There is an activation fee when you first add the watch to your account(probably $30). You can cancel the line associated with the watch if you choose, but then there would be another activation fee($30 again) next time you wanted to re-add the watch to your account. Additionally, if the watch was purchased on a device payment plan, the remaining balance would become due when you cancelled the line.

If you don't want the monthly fee, simply get the Apple Watch without cellular capability.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! It is always important to know what options are available before you make a decision. We are glad to help and answer any questions you have. Our compatible plan can have the number share line for the watch at a $10.00 cost. You are able to get the device under our device payment plan options. Here is a link with more details, http://spr.ly/6601Eb9ft

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
Smwknits
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just added an Apple Watch yesterday. The activation fee is now $40. The $10 fee is free the first month. However, there are taxes and surcharges on top of the $10, which in my state (New York) added another $4.83 on top of the $10 

0 Likes