Kids listening to music
Michers
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone have any good solutions for allowing kids to listen to their music lists in their bedroom at night when we remove cell phones? We currently use a streaming service. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Kids listening to music
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Michers! As a parent myself, I certainly share your concerns! Ensuring the kids have limits in the evening is important. To clarify further, what type of streaming service do you currently use? If the phones are connected to Wi-Fi then they can continue to stream on their phones. To manage specific content, we do offer an awesome service called Family Base: http://spr.ly/6583BDQxU Keep us posted with any further questions. Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Michers
Enthusiast - Level 1

We use pandora and spotify.  To clarify, we pull the phones out of the kids bedrooms at night but our teens would like to listen to music. Does anyone know of an audio device that can stream their music in their bedroom without having cell phones in the bedroom at night? We use Family Base but it is not effective currently because my kids can still access Wifi on their iPhones and can access all their social media apps which we are trying to avoid at night.  Thank you.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

There are many other options, but if your point is to eliminate screens at night, you are very limited.  I have a set of wireless speakers I connect my iPod or phone (some are Bluetooth ) to the base, and the speakers can play in another room.  We also have a sound bar that works with Bluetooth .   They can't run too close together because they can interfere with each other. 

I Would shop Amazon and expect to pay $50+ for each set.

Tidbits
Legend

Check your router settings. I currently have 2 routers where they parental controls and Mac addresses don't change. So I can block content from websites. Also you can set limitations on the connection on some of them. Mine I can make sure that Mac address can connect but from 10pm to 6am it will not connect to the Internet.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I use a couple different devices to stream music via Bluetooth. Your ability to do this would depend on how your house is set up and where you put the devices.

I use an Amazon Echo which will stream music from the actual device; you don't need to hook up anything to it like a phone. It will stream Pandora or if you have Amazon Prime it will stream the free Prime music.

I also use a Bluetooth speaker for while in my old pick up that has no stereo:

http://www.amazon.com/GOgroove-BlueSYNC-Multimedia-Bluetooth-Removable/dp/B00Q3D085U/ref=sr_1_4?s=mp...

It works good and I want to say I've gone about 20 feet from it and it still worked fine. The thing about Bluetooth devices is that some aren't compatible. Be it the phone is too old or too new and the device also.

Weth
Legend

Internet radio.  Do an Amazon search for Internet radio.  Most support pandora and spotify, but check the specifications. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

That would require leaving a computer in the kids rooms? 

IF they are limiting screens, which I did when I had young teens, they don't want computer, Tv or phone.  My sons had CD players.  That seems so old school now.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

mama23dogs wrote:

That would require leaving a computer in the kids rooms?

IF they are limiting screens, which I did when I had young teens, they don't want computer, Tv or phone.  My sons had CD players.  That seems so old school now.

No, an Internet radio has wifi built in and is a stand alone device. Its sole purpose is to be an old fashioned radio, but with a modern twist.  No computer is needed after initial setup. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

but still requires an out put device...

0 Likes