LTE signal
thompso510

My 5c keeps losing LTE and drops down to 3G. Have to cycle in/out of airplane mode to get LTE back. How can I fix more permanently?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE signal
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you're in a strong LTE area and having to cycle airplane mode to get it, I would look closer at your SIM card. Perhaps shut down, remove it, reinstall and see if that helps.

You can also try to clear your network settings and also replace the SIM card for free from Verizon Corporate.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

WWhat is your signal strength with LTE.  To save battery power, rather than switching in and out of LTE which wears down the batteries, the iPhone Will stay on 3G until LTE signal is better. 

0 Likes
thompso510

Thanks. I did that with the SIM card, but it didn't change. Will keep your next-steps in mind tho.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
thompso510

Ruh-roh, you might be onto something. LTE strength is low (2) when it is on. This issue just recently developed... Why is my LTE signal low? Was there a change on the Verizon-side? Or did something change on my phone?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's take a closer look thompso510! When did this start? What zip code are you in? Is anyone else having the same issue as you?

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
thompso510

Started 3-4 weeks ago, maybe.

My wife's 5c is also doing it now, but it only started about a week ago for her. She was fine before then.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

could be that time of the year. heavy foliage or whatnot.  happen everywhere?

0 Likes
thompso510

Yeah, it's been happening everywhere. Including my office, which is about 30mi away.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is help full information, thompso510. Does this happen indoors or outdoors? What software are you running on your device http://vz.to/1BiGZYk ? Did you try to reset your network settings and see if this helped with the transition http://vz.to/1Ti24xV ?

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes