I am beyond frustrated with VERIZON once again! All of the reasons why I left them came flooding back to me in one fell swoop!
Backstory: Been having problems with the iPhone 12 screen freezing, not being to click on links, not turning sideways to watch videos, etc. I called Technical Support – I was on for hours!! It’s ridiculous. At one point I was told they may lose me because I was asked to turn my phone on and off and they would call back. When I turned my phone back on, I had no ability to receive or make outbound calls on the phone. When they FINALLY (another hour later) told me they were going to send me a new phone under warranty, I asked if they could authorize replacing with the RED phone, not the GREEN because of all the hours I had invested with them yesterday to resolve my phone issues. They said they would ask a supervisor to approve it and could they put me on hold. Of course, sure put me on hold. 20 minutes later he comes back on the line and said a supervisor approved it! Yay (or so I thought). He said, instead of delivery date being Tuesday, I will now receive the RED phone on Thursday, 9/1. I said that’s fine, and I appreciate the efforts in getting it approved after allllllllll the trouble I went through. I felt satisfied that they made an effort to make me happy after all that. However….. after I got off the phone, I received an email from them to confirm shipment. When I opened it and discovered it still said I’d get a GREEN replacement phone, I called back. I got a nasty lady who kept talking over me when I was trying to explain that it should be red and went through the entire conversation! She told me warranty rules are that they replace with like-kind only and do not change out the color while replacing the faulty phone. So I was lied to by the Verizon guy and kept on hold for 20 mins while he “pretended” to get authorization. I am so mad!!
Also – to start with – I’ve only been a new returning customer for 1 month. Here’s what happened on the onset:
1. Sold many accessories I did not need and did not see. They were pulled from the back and never shown to me. For example, a car phone charger that has the spiral chord (yuk!) and is chunky. I would never get that! Also told my Iphone XR protective glass screens would not fit my Iphone 12 and I need new ones. Well, I went home after buying what I was told to buy and they DO FIT!! I did not need them.
2. Did not receive discounts up front! It’s a clown show and the onus is is on the customer to make sure you get all the discounts you are entitled to! It’s so hard! I was given 2 different #’s to call for one of the discounts and told I could only call during a certain time. Why on earth isn’t there a discount screen with options to choose what you think you will qualify for on ONE PAGE and you upload your docs to prove qualification.
3. Also, we are to get a $200 rebate. Well NOOOOOOO where is there an email about this, so I asked about that too. Well you’ve got to call another # they gave me to redeem it! Why is this sooooo much work for the customer.
4. When I was oversold accessories, I went to return what my son didn’t need. The manager very loudly started asking me why I sent a bad review of my experience. The whole store could hear. I calmly looked at her and said, “I am not a demonstrative person. This discussion should be between us privately, not for all to gape and listen.”
5. When I told the last rep I called to let them know it said “Green” not “Red”, I said I am going to switch back to my old carrier. I am so upset with customer service and being lied to! I said it’s cheaper too! She talked over me and said it’s not cheaper. It is so! By $60/month!
The customer is not at all being treated fairly and service is HORRID!
This is never the experience we want for you, I am so sorry. We will need to access your account. We will be sending you a Private Message shortly, thanks.
damurph101, allow us to apologize if there were any issues with the link we had sent over in the Private Note. We have resent you a new message there. Please reply back to us in the Private Note so we may work further there on a resolution vs coming back in public.