Losing time
Behind-the-time

I have an iPhone 5c, with iOS 8.1.2. I purchsed this phone in November of 2013. I've had absolutely no problems with the phone until just before Christmas of 2014, at which time I began to notice that my phone was consistently losing time. Initially, this was only happening when on LTE or 3G, but now it is also happening when I'm on my WiFi network at home. 

I have tried everything that I could think of, tried many steps suggested by your personnel, as well as suggestions from internet forums, all to no avail. The clock on my phone loses anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes per hour, depending on where I am at the time. Let me give you run down of troubleshooting steps taken:

Date & Time settings are on 24 hour time, Set Automatically. I have tried running with set automatically both off and on--several times--and the clock still loses time. I have tried it set at 12 hour time and 24 hour time, but it loses time either way. 

I have done a "restore" from my iTunes twice. No help. 

I have reset the phone to factory settings twice with no help. The first time I tried resetting to factory settings, I did not activate or use any of the pre-installed apps, nor did I install any of the apps from my iTunes. I left the phone in a very basic state of operation but it still lost time. 

I have repeatedly tried resetting the network settings. This restores the phone to the current time, but eventually the clock starts losing time again. 

The phone has never been dropped or physically mishandled in any way. I can think of nothing else to try. I'm very frustrated and can no longer rely on my phone for current time/schedule keeping. When a person shells out the kind of money required to have a tool like the iPhone, you expect it to work. I'm at a point now where I'm going to have to live with it, or spend allot of money to buy out of my contract and get a new phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Losing time
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Behind-the-time

Thank you for reaching out. I do apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you and want to make sure that you have a working phone at all times. I appreciate all the steps you have taken to make sure we get this working. At this time we would need additional information and review other options. Please accept my request to follow, also follow me and send me a direct message so we can review those options.

JorgeO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Behind-the-time

Well, I'd love to accept your request to follow if I knew where to find it! 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It should be in your forum inbox; click the drop-down next to your user name at the top of the page and choose Inbox & Activity.  Then click Inbox on the left-hand side of the page.  You'll also need to send jorgeo_vzw a Follow request by hovering over their name and clicking Follow.  Once you both are Following each other, then you can send them a Direct Message.

How To: Direct Message

Behind-the-time

I'm going to try contacting APPLE.  I've already been in contact with VZW, both by phone and via Facebook messaging.  It seems the only option being offered at this point is to replace the phone, AT MY EXPENSE. Thanks anyway.

0 Likes
gmjones2001

Well this sux!  I too have this problem with m iPhone 5c ... does the c stand for CRAP?

This is not a new issue.  There is a thread on the Apple support forum that is 49 pages long and goes back to 2012.  Neither Apple nor Verizon seems very interested in fixing the problem, although from reading the posts in this thread it was noted that Verizon replace many iPhone 5c's.  Unfortunately it didn't resolve the problem for any of the customers that got a replacement.  I am dreading my call to Verizon and will in fact cancel my service on the spot if I am not dealt with in a manner that leads to resolution.  At this point I want to QUIT Apple...my first iPhone experience and definitely my last.  We will see if I have to QUIT Verizon as well.  Ball is in their court at this point.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gmjones2001, I'm saddened to hear that you have experienced some issues with you phone. I'd be happy to help to resolve this matter with you. Please tell me the symptoms that your device is having.

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
gmjones2001

I have the same issue as the original poster on this thread!  If you really care, go to this link and read the 49 pages of the SAME issue.

iPhone 5 time and date issues | Apple Support Communities  

My issue started around December of 2014... 

I want a NEW phone.  I do NOT want another iPhone.  If you can REALLY help, have somebody call me.

If not, I will cancel my account and we can talk about early contract termination fees in court.

Sound good?

0 Likes