Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Make a paperweight

Ex took phone I purchased and switched to non Verizon provider. Changed card and number. How can I disable the phone.

Labels (1)
Re: Make a paperweight

You can't unless you know the Apple ID and password. If you do you can lock it remotely via the Find My iPhone app or but I'm pretty sure this info has been changed if the ex is still using the phone. Not sure if you can report it as stolen if it was their device to begin with. If you owe money on it (via device payment plan for example) and you didn't authorize the cancellation of Verizon services (assuming the account was in your name and your ex wasn't an account manager) you may be able to report it but I'm honestly not sure about that.