Message+ - Unable to Connect to Server
RJ327

The Message+ app has not worked for quite some time. Some months back I received the error message that a PIN could not be generated and now receive „Could not connect to server. Please try again later“. I have been receiving this message since the last update to the app.

I still had the app working on my iPad, but when I upgraded my phone today the access was disconnected and now it also displays the same error message. 

How can this issue be resolved?

0 Likes
Re: Message+ - Unable to Connect to Server
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be able to use your messaging app, RJ327. I am sad to hear that it is acting up. I will make sure we do what we can to help you. I do want to ensure you have a few things done on your phone first. Is your software updated? Have you tried uninstalling the app and installing it back on the phone? Are you having any other data,voice or messaging issues? -Amber

0 Likes
RJ327

Hi Amber, the software of the device and the app are both up to date. I have deleted the app and reinstalled more than once, but continue to receive the same error message. I have also tried completing the set up via WiFi and the Verizon network, but still receive the same error. All other services and apps seem to be working fine. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying. Please review this link to make sure it is linked correctly to your Apple ID:https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-95689/, if yes then Please go to step 8, for the initial setup. Please let me know if this works. *Gert

0 Likes
RJ327

Unfortunately it is still not working for me. I am able to download the app, but after entering my phone number and tapping the Send Code button I receive an error message that the app can not connect to the server. All other services/apps on the device are functioning without any issues. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Every detail helps! Are you having any issues with the native messaging app on your device?

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
RJ327

The native messaging app works fine. I have also tried deactivating Verizon integrated messaging and then reactivating it via the Verizon website, but unfortunately still receive the same server error message on all devices I try to set up the Message+ app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the information. To clarify, are you connecting to Wi-Fi when this is happening? 

-Evelyn

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We appreciate the information. To clarify, are you connecting to Wi-Fi when this is happening? 

-Evelyn

To clarify, did you see the comment a week ago by @RJ327 saying they had tried over WiFi AND Verizon network with the same error message?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
76STEELERS

I have this same issue.   I would say it's a Message + issue.

0 Likes