Message app exits when I click on a message
HamlinFan
Enthusiast - Level 1

On my iPad running iOS 9.1, I can open the Message+ app but when I click on a text message, the app closes down and exits.  It doesn't matter which text message I click on.  I did try to uninstall and reinstall it with no luck.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message app exits when I click on a message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We get the message loud & clear. Lets make sure others will as well. Very strange that this just began. Are you having any trouble with any other messaging app since updating your phone? How long has it been going on?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Message  app exits when I click on a message
HamlinFan
Enthusiast - Level 1

It started a few months back, I just haven't researched the issue yet.  All of my other apps are working perfectly, it is only happening to the Message+ app.  I do get messages coming in and can see them all listed in the left-hand column.  The New Compose window is displayed on the right-hand side of the screen.  The minute I press on one of the messages in the left-hand column, the message displays briefly for a second or two in the right-hand column, then the app closes.

When I first installed the app a while back, it was working perfectly.  So I have had it working before.

0 Likes
Re: Message  app exits when I click on a message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HamlinFan I am glad to hear that every other function is working well for you. I know we can get this up & running also. Have you attempted to force close the app itself? Uninstalled & reinstalled it?           
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes