Message+ doesn't work anymore with Sierra OS on Mac
RK1199
Enthusiast - Level 1

With the Sierra operating system, I now see blank bubbles where text should be on the Message+ app on my Macbook. This makes the app next to useless. It notifies me when I've received a text, but doesn't show me the message.

Now that Sierra has been out for 2 months, and with dozens of people reporting this problem, I hope that Verizon will update the software.

Also, it would be convenient if synchronization between my phone and the computer app were better. Often the computer would be missing messages.

Below is an example of what I see: Usually text bubbles, and occasional messages showing up.

Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 20.30.39.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ doesn't work anymore with Sierra OS on Mac
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RK1199,

Keeping your device running smoothly at all times is always a priority. I'm concerned to hear that things aren't working for you. At this time we haven't put out an update to this app specifically for Sierra. You can check for updates to the app periodically. Until that becomes available you can also use the web application for this at http://vz.to/2eTK96E . The other option would be reaching out to Apple to see if they have any workarounds or settings that could be adjusted to help this run correctly.

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AdamHirshan

I have the same problem, but can offer this workaround:

When the message bubbles are blank, resize the application window (make it bigger) and text will appear in the bubble.

0 Likes
lukereh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found a fix for verizon message blank messages. It also seems to reduce the CPU usage which may have been caused by the blank messages.

0 Likes