Message+ sync'd only new messages
Marilynnanne
Enthusiast - Level 2

In an effort to get an important text string onto my PC so that I can print, etc, I installed Message+ (PC version) and then logged into the web version as well as the PC version to learn how to use it.  When I did a sync, I was only able to see today's texts.  Any texts from prior to today just don't sync.  That defeated my purpose.  Can anyone tell me what I cam doing wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ sync'd only new messages
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You aren't doing anything wrong. Only the messages that were sent and received via the Messages+ app will sync.  If you  had been using it on your phone for several weeks, THEN installed it or used the web app on your PC, it would sync with the previous weeks of messages.

If you only just installed it on the phone it will only show messages sent with the app since installation.

Were the messages prior to this sent using iMessage?  You may be able to retrieve them through that?

0 Likes
Re: Message+ sync'd only new messages
Marilynnanne
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is a long (several day) string of message communication.   I installed it because I couldn't figure out how to send the message string to my PC.  But, the results were not what I was seeking.  I can only see new message entries on my PC.

How can  I  get those messages to my PC?

I am going to Uninstall the message+ while I seek other options.

I couldn't figure out how to unclick the iPhone radio button, so this went through to the iPhone group....my phone is a Samsung, but it shouldn't matter (although i don't have imessage).

0 Likes