Messaging app problems
Randaa07
Enthusiast - Level 2

I downloaded verizon messages to my iPhone 5c and when I open app to start up it says enter phone number I get a error message saying"Sorry intergrated messaging service is currently only available to customer mobile numbers only" I have verizon and a verizon number I called and was told to turn my wifi off and try I did so and it still isn't working

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Messaging app problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm very sorry for any issues related to using Verizon Messages, Randaa07! I'm happy to help in any way I can. I noticed that you see this error when putting in the phone number. The message you're seeing normally refers to the recipient's number. If you're trying to send messages to a non-wireless number, the service will not allow you to continue. Please be sure you're messaging to a wireless number. Thanks!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm very sorry for any issues related to using Verizon Messages, Randaa07! I'm happy to help in any way I can. I noticed that you see this error when putting in the phone number. The message you're seeing normally refers to the recipient's number. If you're trying to send messages to a non-wireless number, the service will not allow you to continue. Please be sure you're messaging to a wireless number. Thanks!

DionM_VZW

0 Likes
Randaa07
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see the error message when I'm putting in my phone number which is a Verizon phone number it doesn't let me even get to the point of trying to send a text message. It comes up as soon as I dowlaod and open the app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your reply, Randaa07! That is strange indeed. It could be a problem with the application itself. Please delete the app and redownload and try again.

DionM_VZW

0 Likes
Randaa07
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done that four times I've done everything I can and no one can tell me what the problem is.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for info Randaa07,

One thing that we can try is to ensure that you have the feature set up on your account. I will send you a private message so that I can gain access to the account. Thanks.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Randaa07
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where can I find this private message??

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Direct messages (DMs) are in your forum inbox, i.e., at the top of the page, use the drop-down next to your user name to select Inbox & Activity.  Then on the left-hand side of the page, click Inbox.  Once you're in your Inbox, you also can filter for the DMs by using the drop-down next to Filter (at the top of the Inbox) and then clicking Messages.

0 Likes