Misrouted messages
Dougger49

I am now using my wife's older iPhone after her phone upgrade.  That device is still receiving her IM's.  Her messages appear on both the old and new phone.  Can't figure whether the issue is Verizon or Apple devices?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Misrouted messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Dougger49,

Let's get those messages flowing to the correct phone.  Do you still have your wife's apple account registered on that iPhone?  If so you do need to remove that account to stop receiving the messages.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Dougger49

Her account was deleted and I've updated the mail app w my info. I also disabled her iCloud service but still receive Her IM's

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Dougger49-

Let's continue to work on this issue together.  Are you receiving the iMessages when connected to Wi-Fi or when connected to our network?  Do you have face time turned on or off on your phone?

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
gsatcvz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sounds more like an Apple function issue. Verizon sends SMS to your phone number, not the device. I've been having my own troubles with imessage blocking my SMS when initiated by an IPhone.  Try going into Settings> Messages and turning off imessage. Have your wife send you a text and see if it gets through.  If it does, leave imessage turned off for awhile to see if her messages to your phone stop. If they do stop, her account is still somehow associated with imessage.

If they stop, turn imessage back on, then in the imessage settings, check the Send and Receive to see what addresses are listed. My guess is that her phone number might be there.

0 Likes