Missing calls
Aztecking

When I'm out traveling and my 6  switches to Extended and I try to make a call it tells me to enter the 10 digit number and don't hit send so I do this and the call goes through. This is a real pain when I'm driving and it just started doing this a few months ago. It will have 4-5 bars on Extended and I have to still do this. I assumed it would switch to a different carriers towers and work like it has done in the past. I've called in and nothing has changed. I've also been missing calls that most times don't show up in my recent or missed calls list but they do go to voicemail. That's frustrating too.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Missing calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Aztecking thank you for getting back to me. The steps suggested is a good thing to do, it is beneficial to do when having the trouble. It is possible that you may need a new sim card. If you would like to get one prior to your next trip you can go into any direct store location to get one free of charge. To find a store nearest you please visit http://vz.to/1GL06h5

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you're in an extended network area then you are right, you are using another carriers towers. You could open a ticket with Verizon, you'd have to tell them exactly where you were so they could figure out which tower it was, but if you travel there often it might be worth it.

0 Likes
Aztecking

That's my next step and if this time they can't get it right then I'm switching back to ATT. I can't be missing calls or dealing with the extended crap. This is my business phone.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Something you could try is making sure you're set to LTE/CDMA - I've driven coast to coast and while I didn't talk much on my phone while driving, I don't remember a time when I was in an extended network. I kept to the main roads and stopped in bigger towns so that might be why.

0 Likes
Aztecking

I just checked and I'm on LTE.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Aztecking, I understand wanting to have use of the phone especially when traveling.  We want to make sure that is possible for you. Have you called in to have this looked into? What places are you traveling? Have you tried to reset the network settings on the phone? http://vz.to/1HfoH3g

TionnaB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Aztecking

I have called in prior to my last trip and did all the things suggested and it made no difference. Someone suggested shutting down the phone and removing the SIM card and then reinstall it and turn on the phone. I have done that but won't know for sure until I leave for another business trip next week if that helped or not. Could a faulty SIM card be causing this? 

Jeff

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Aztecking thank you for getting back to me. The steps suggested is a good thing to do, it is beneficial to do when having the trouble. It is possible that you may need a new sim card. If you would like to get one prior to your next trip you can go into any direct store location to get one free of charge. To find a store nearest you please visit http://vz.to/1GL06h5

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

what plan are you on?

0 Likes
Aztecking

IM on the Family Share Plan.

0 Likes