My 5S phone should have 4G coverage but drops to 1x and 3G in Boston 02135. Why? How can I fix this and get better service?
amob1220
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is an iphone 5

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My 5S phone should have 4G coverage but drops to 1x and 3G in Boston 02135. Why? How can I fix this and get better service?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
amob1220,  We always want to make sure you're getting the best possible service no matter where you go! That's extremely important. Your phone will sometimes drop down to 3G or 1X depending on the strength of the signal where you are. That is normal so that you still have data available when 4G isn't available. How often does this happen? Is it only in certain places? Do you have LTE at other times?  AndrewT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Re: My 5S phone should have 4G coverage but drops to 1x and 3G in Boston 02135. Why? How can I fix this and get better service?
mama23dogs
Legend

Boston has HD voice service, which may or may not be on your phone.  Try resetting network settings, you may have to sign into wifi again, but it will not effect your content.

if that doesn't help, please visit a Verizon store to check carrier settings.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
amob1220,  We always want to make sure you're getting the best possible service no matter where you go! That's extremely important. Your phone will sometimes drop down to 3G or 1X depending on the strength of the signal where you are. That is normal so that you still have data available when 4G isn't available. How often does this happen? Is it only in certain places? Do you have LTE at other times?  AndrewT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
amob1220
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. I think it may be related to the radio and TV signals in the building where I used my phone. I think this is affecting the signal strength, AndrewT_VZW. Thanks for your response.

0 Likes