My Verizon 3.13.4 Data Usage Widget is stuck on "tap to activate".
jmacproi7
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Verizon App version 3.13.4 added a data usage indicator widget for the iOS Notification Center. I have been able to add the widget to the notification center, but the widget is stuck on the "Tap to Activate" state and will not load the data usage. Anytime I tap the widget it only launches the My Verizon app. What settings need to be enabled for the widget to work?

Labels (1)
Re: My Verizon 3.13.4 Data Usage Widget is stuck on "tap to activate".
kendraasueee
Enthusiast - Level 1

mine is doing this too!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kendraasueee,

I am sorry to hear you have not been able to utilize the data widget yet. We want you to be able to monitor you data. What version iPhone device do you have? What software version is you iPhone running? Settings>General>About. Have you tried removing and redownloading  the widget?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jmacproi7,

This is very strange behavior for this widget to have! We are here to help. Which iPhone do you have? Have you tried turning the phone off for 30 seconds and then powering it back on? That may just kick start it into action!

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
jmacproi7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply - I tried power resetting the iPhone, but that does not work. I have an iPhone 5, and the "Tap to Activate" was present on both iOS 8.1.1 and 8.1.2. I even tried a clean install of the My Verizon App, but still no change.

btcompute
Contributor - Level 2

I find that the widget works this way also.

I wondered if this is the way the widget developer intended for it to work. I realize it is not the way most widgets work, but given Verizon's poor track record...

Hopefully an update will get it to work better.

I am using an iPhone 6 with ios 8.1.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jmacproi7,

Let's take a closer look into this for you! Please try these steps and keep us posted:Go to SETTINGS > SAFARI > PRIVACY & SECURITY. SAFARI privacy settings must have BLOCK COOKIES set to "from third parties and advertisers." DO NOT set BLOCK COOKIES to "Always." It`s OK to have the DO NOT TRACK button toggled to green or on.

KarenC_VZW

0 Likes
jmacproi7
Enthusiast - Level 2

That still is not working - even after rebooting and manually closing down Safari.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone

Personal information removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
btcompute
Contributor - Level 2

I was able to get the widget working on my iPhone 6 by turning on notifications for the Verizon app an then rebooting the phone.

0 Likes
Drjouett
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem on both my iPhone 5 phones. Both are up to date. Have tried every fix mentioned to no avail.

0 Likes