Re: My Verizon 3.13.4 Data Usage Widget is stuck on "tap to activate".
Drjouett
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has there been any other fix for this?  I've tried all of these but they haven't worked.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying previous steps to fix this issue with your software update Drjouett. I know this is frustrating. Have you tried a hard reset on your phone via Itunes? This may help. Keep us posted.

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to keep you informed about your usage, Drjouett! Have you also tried removing and redownloading the app? Have you been able to enable Notification for the My Verizon app under Settings? Can you confirm the current iOS version through Settings>General>About?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Drjouett
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have- running iOS 8.1.2.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time to troubleshoot. Final step to clear any corruptions would be a restore of the device. Here is a link with instructions on the iPhone 5: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-64522/

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Drjouett
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did it twice today - no improvement. The app now doesn't even tell me the amount of data used. Just stuck at 0.

0 Likes
Drjouett
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any suggestions? Or does the app just not work?  Same thing on my wife's phone with identical circumstances.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're still having issues with this app Drjouett. The app does work and we will do all we can to make it work for you. Here is a video on how to set it up, just in cased we missed a step http://vz.to/1zGJyYi . Are you using any other data apps you downloaded from our google play store? Are you having any issues with any of your apps? Issues with other apps can cause problems with preloaded apps. Keep us posted.

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Drjouett
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is an iPhone 5 - I downloaded it from the App Store. Have had no other programs give me any issues. The verizon app is the only one that either I or my wife have had issue with and are still not working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all the clarification, Drjouett. I noticed you said you have iOS 8.1.2. There's been an update since you began reaching out to us that will install 8.1.3 (12B466) http://vz.to/1z29BKF. Please try to complete the update and then ensure the notifications are still turned on for the widget after the update is completed. Keep us posted if that resolves the trouble.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes