Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My Verizon iPhone 6 car charger won't work in my car. It's a new car and the charger is from Verizon.
slingram

Has anyone else had issues with the Verizon iPhone car chargers?  I can use it in an older car but in my new car it won't work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Verizon iPhone 6 car charger won't work in my car. It's a new car and the charger is from Verizon.
Loquat

If it works in one car and not another...maybe it's the car and not the charger?  Do you have another device you can test in the car?

0 Likes
Re: My Verizon iPhone 6 car charger won't work in my car.  It's a new car and the charger is from Verizon.
slingram

We tried the car charger for the iPhone 4 and it works in the car. 

0 Likes
Re: My Verizon iPhone 6 car charger won't work in my car. It's a new car and the charger is from Verizon.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

slingram,

We want you to have access to charge your iPhone in your new vehicle also. Does your new car have a dedicated iphone port via a USB? For example, my iPhone will not work using the standard round charging port but only in the USB port designed for iPhone's that's custom to my vehicle. Even if I plug the USB cord into the additional USB opening on my microUSB car charger for my Android device, the iPhone will state non-supported charger on the display. Find out if you have a dedicated port (mine is located in the middle armrest console next to an auxillary port). If not, exchange the cord out for another but test it out prior to leaving from the store.

Hope this helps!

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pherson
Leader

Another reason apple screws over its customers. You may have to get a genuine apple approved charger.

0 Likes
slingram

I do have the USB that works but if I travel with my family who also have the iPhone 6 it's very inconvenient. Verizon should fix this issue since they sell these chargers that don't work.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Re: My Verizon iPhone 6 car charger won't work in my car.  It's a new car and the charger is from Verizon.
pherson
Leader

No. Why are you accepting it as your problem? If you travelling with family they need to provide their own chargers. You can't cast that off on a company.

0 Likes
Loquat

That's strange.  Sounds like you just got a bad charger because I'm using al el-cheapo from eBay and I've been using the same charger since I had my iP5 then moved to my 6+.  No problems...

0 Likes
slingram

Can I ask how old is your car? I think it's something with the newer cars.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

12v plug is pretty basic, I doubt it us the new car.  I've had touchy chargers before that don't work in all situations or devices. 

0 Likes