My calls are randomly muted
Winston777
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both my wife’s in my calls are randomly muted. The collar on the other end cannot hear us and will hang up. It’s as if something is using the microphone besides the phone app. We have an extender. It happens on Wi-Fi or on cellular only.

0 Likes
Re: My calls are randomly muted
Winston777
Enthusiast - Level 1

Darn. We have #iphone 12 pro and #iphone 11

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Winston777, 

Thank you for the details. I can only imagine how frustrating this is for you. Let's get a few more details. Does this happen on all calls and all locations? Is it only outgoing or incoming as well? Does is happen if you are using a headset?

-Jenelle

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, there. We always want you to be able to have a successful, clear call. We recommend turning Bluetooth off (if it is on), and seeing if that helps. For further support, please send us a Private Note.

*Anna

0 Likes
creeper20

I have the same problem on all 4 of my iPhones. Only happens in my house and even with Wi-Fi calling. I can hear the other person clearly but they can’t hear me. Doesn’t happen all the time and just started a few months ago. Have an extender that does nothing. Verizon is clueless. They just keep saying that there are no outages in my area. I’ve escalated to tier 2 and the customer service is deplorable. Thinking of switching carriers as I’m out of answers. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you get the help you need with people not being able to hear you. We're going to send you a Private Note so we can gather more details.

~Jesse

0 Likes