My iPhone 5 battery is dying quickly with data explosion
bom619
Enthusiast - Level 1

My iPhone 5 battery is dying quickly. No problems until a few weeks ago. This has corresponded with my "Communication and device services" devouring my entire data plan in the same period of time. No change in usage. Whats going on?

Labels (1)
Re: My iPhone 5 battery is dying quickly with data explosion
btcompute
Contributor - Level 2

bom619,

Have you checked out your usage numbers on the iphone itself?

Settings... Cellular

Take a look at the list of apps and it will show you which apps are using the most data.

Also look at System Services at the bottom of the list. This will point out where the phone itself is using data.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Re: My iPhone 5 battery is dying quickly with data explosion
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
bom619, I know the importance of enjoying the most battery life of your iPhone 5.. When you check the Battery Usage (Settings > General > Usage> Battery Usage) and Data usage (Settings > Cellular) which applications/function are shown with the most usage. Have there been any recent applications or updates in software to the phone when this issue began? Please share details so we can look into this for you.
TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes