My iPhone 5 stopped having service
Alexandralynn75

On Monday I went over to a friends house in the morning. I suddenly stopped getting service. I can't text or make calls; only iMessage works when I'm on wifi. I took it into a Verizon store and thy told me to update my phone which I did. It did not fix it. I've paid my bill and now everything is up to date so how do I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My iPhone 5 stopped having service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alexandralynn75, having service is very important nowadays. We want you to have service wherever you go and enjoy it. We will get the service back to your phone. Is the device in searching mode? What zip code are you in? Is there a case on the phone?
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Alexandralynn75

I have an iPhone 5s. With an otter box case. It's not in searching mode. It will say either 1x or 3G. However, I still am not receiving or can make calls and texting does not work

0 Likes
Alexandralynn75

I'm in 85281.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alexandralynn75, I appreciate the information and let's continue working on this issue you are experiencing. The Zip Code you provided looks good, no alerts or known issues. 1X or 3G confirms that the phone is receiving signal, what happens when you leave the area, does service improve? Is the software on the phone up to date? 

GersonG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Alexandralynn75

I've gone to several different zip codes and the service has not improved. My software is up to date and my bill is paid. I just can't send messages or make calls

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreaciate you getting back to us and let's continue working on this issue with your phone. Great information and we are heading the right direction. Have you tried turning the phone off and removing the SIM card for 2 minutes?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
Alexandralynn75

Thank you for your help. I'm not sure how to remove the SIM card as it's an iPhone.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It is a small cover on the side of the phone with a pin hole next to it.  Using a small paper clip or needle will pop out the SIM.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries Alexandralynn75. We are here and ready to provide you all the steps to get the service back to your phone. Here is a link that will help remove the sim from your device http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-85347/ . Please try and retest. What exactly happens when you try to make/receive a call? Any error messages? Try removing the otter box and retest.

JorgeO_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes