My iPhone 5s automatically erased itself this morning. The screen was at restore and all information was erased. My apple id was also changed as it didn't work anymore. Any ideas on restoring. My last backup was too far back to be useful.
chkh4

My iPhone 5s automatically erased itself this morning. The screen was at restore and all information was erased. My apple id was also changed as it didn't work anymore. Any ideas on restoring. My last backup was too far back to be useful.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My iPhone 5s automatically erased itself this morning. The screen was at restore and all information was erased. My apple id was also changed as it didn't work anymore. Any ideas on restoring. My last backup was too far back to be useful.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chkh4, we're definitely sorry to hear that this has happened and want to help out any way that we can. Unfortunately if the only backup available is out of date then that may be our only option unless you are aware if you had used any other services to back the device up. Do you know if you ever use iCloud? If so, you can check to see if there would be any newer information saved through that method. Take a look here to see how http://bit.ly/1oYdoNN.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: My iPhone 5s automatically erased itself this morning. The screen was at restore and all information was erased. My apple id was also changed as it didn't work anymore. Any ideas on restoring. My last backup was too far back to be useful.
mama23dogs
Legend

It sounds like someone used icloud and "find my iPhone" to erase your device.

was it a used phone?

Loquat
Master - Level 1

I agree with the previous post...sounds like your phone was remotely wiped.  Are you the original owner of this phone?  Also, if you don't have a recent back up then it seems like your only options are to use the old back up or start over...sucks but don't think there is anything else that can be done to restore what you've lost. 

But with that all aside, you really need to investigate who/how your phone was remotely wiped.  If someone has access to your Apple ID then there is nothing to stop this from happening again...

Weth
Legend

Agree with all above, someone got into your Apple ID account and remotely erased your phone. Most certainly on purpose. In addition to above, you need to report this to Apple and immediately have your itunes and AppleID cancelled and start over. They could potentially start charging things in your name. Treat this breach very seriously. Anything else that uses the same or similar password must be changed immediately.

0 Likes