Re: My iPhone 6 running iOS 8.4.1 is saying no service
Brasilejustin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok well the only change I did was completely factory restore and the restored from a backup it work for about a day now it keeps saying searching then it will be find then it will say no service and it repeats this several times! And yes it does this indoors and outdoors!! And I have taken the SIM card out!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have done so far Brasilejustin.This will help us get to the bottom of your equipment concerns. I understand you have done a factory restore and restored from backup. Can you try backing up the content on your phone and do a factory reset. However, when you get the option to restore or set up as new, please select set up as new. Restoring tends to bring the issues you are experiencing on your device, back after the hard reset. Keep us updated.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried restoring the device without using the backup (you can put the backup back on later...this is solely to rule out anything wrong with your current set up)? It's frustrating but if it works fine without the backup installed that will let you know that something is corrupt.

Loquat
Master - Level 1

My thoughts exactly.  Even though iOS apps come from the app store sometimes they can wreak havoc on a device.  Sometimes it's files downloaded via email or several other ways that can cause a device to act in a very random manner.  But I agree...factory reset and if the device seems to work okay then...ditch the backup and start adding apps back one at a time until you restore what you've previously lost (app wise). 

0 Likes