My iPhone all of a sudden can't find a signal - How do I fix this?
Murphy0212

My iPhone all of a sudden can't find a signal - How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My iPhone all of a sudden can't find a signal - How do I fix this?
Weth
Legend

Reboot holding power and home button together after closing all apps

TAke out SIM card and rub with microfiber cloth.  Put back in

Reset network settings in Settings - General -Reset

0 Likes
Murphy0212

I've done each of those things... still no luck. Just sometime this morning it read "Searching..." (for a network connection) and it hasn't changed since. Btw, I have an iPhone 6.

What should I do next? Please help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Murphy0212, I know the importance of having service where you need it. Let’s ensure we get your services restored. What zip code are you located in? Does your phone reconnect to the Verizon network when you leave the area? Are there any other Verizon users with the same service issues as you?

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Murphy0212

Verizon Wireless Customer Support,

The zip code I'm in (and live in) is 85233 - Gilbert, AZ. I left the area for 2 weeks to go to zip code 44089 and just returned on 7/27. My phone worked fine those 2 weeks and did connect to Verizon just fine. It just began to NOT work this morning. And to answer your last question, yes! There is another Verizon user in my house and her phone (also an iPhone) is working just fine. I have the 2 phones next to each other now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know its important to have the best signal in your area. I show great service in that area. Does your phone have the latest software? I would also try a SIM Card pull to help reconnect to the towers.

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Murphy0212

Verizon Wireless Customer Support,

Now it's starting to feel like logging on here and responding to you is a big waste of my time. Obviously you didn't read my previous comments where I mentioned that I already restarted my phone, pulled out the SIM card and put it back in, and also reset the network settings on my iPhone. And yes, my phone is up-to-date on all the latest software.

Please provide solutions! Please!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your patience in dealing with this. When you go into your settings>cellular>cellular data options>enable LTE, which choice has a checkmark by it?

JosephT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

If it is still searching after those 3 things, the next step is to either put the SIM from the other iPhone in your phone to see if that gets a signal, or go to a corporate Verizon store and have them put a new SIM in the phone and see if that fixes the problem. By doing this you are proving whether the SIM is the problem or not. If after switching SIM you still get the same problem, it is looking like an iPhone problem. I take it there has not been any drops or water events recently?

Another troubleshooting step is erasing the iPhone and restoring from back up from iCloud or iTunes on a computer.

0 Likes