My iPhone does not notify me of calls in Voice Mail. I will see that I missed a call but there are no messages in VM. Cellular data is off - only voice roaming. Suggestions?
DJTayLo
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My iPhone does not notify me of calls in Voice Mail. I will see that I missed a call but there are no messages in VM. Cellular data is off - only voice roaming. Suggestions?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DJTayLo, Let's get your voicemail working! I noticed you metioned that your Cellular Data is off. Visual Voicemail does need to be connected to Cellular Data in order to retreive voicemails for the iPhone. This can cause the notifications to be delayed. When you turn Cellular Data on do the notifications  then show correctly? Which model iPhone do you have? We'll figure this out.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My iPhone does not notify me of calls in Voice Mail. I will see that I missed a call but there are no messages in VM. Cellular data is off - only voice roaming. Suggestions?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DJTayLo, Let's get your voicemail working! I noticed you metioned that your Cellular Data is off. Visual Voicemail does need to be connected to Cellular Data in order to retreive voicemails for the iPhone. This can cause the notifications to be delayed. When you turn Cellular Data on do the notifications  then show correctly? Which model iPhone do you have? We'll figure this out.

TanishaS1_VZW

0 Likes
DJTayLo

That seemed to work. I am concerned that having cell data on will run down my battery faster. Also use up my limited data amount.

Thanks,

DJ

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DJTayLo, Definitely understandable! The Visual Voicemail application does use a minimal amount of data. Are you able to check your VM messages by dialing the *86 feature, when Cellular data is off? This will allow you to keep your Cellular data off when needed.

TanishaS1_VZW

0 Likes