My iphone 6 plus won't work in Italy
MPS05

I have all the cell settings enabled but cannot access any data while roaming.  I contacted Verizon before i left and have an $85 charge on my account for a global plan.  Please help!  Been here 5 days and this is very frustrating.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My iphone 6 plus won't work in Italy
mama23dogs
Legend

You could pop in a local, prepaid SIM card and cancel the global when you get a hold of Verizon again.  Tons cheaper....

International Travel FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Call the International Support Team to get assistance while traveling:

If your device is lost, stolen or broken or you experience a device issue while you’re traveling outside the US, please use the below instructions to reach the International  Support Team from a landline phone.

1. Dial your country's toll-free number.
  2. Enter your 10-digit mobile number when prompted by the International Travel Hotline.

If a toll-free number is not available for the country you’re in, please dial (908) 559-4899 (toll charges will apply).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last things we want to happen is for your service to interrupt your vacation MPS05.  Lets see what's going on. Can you tell me a bit more what's going on when you use your phone?  Is it only Data or can you text and make calls?
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Wordslayer1

Yes. Having exactly the same problem. Signed up ahead of time and now no data. Voice and text are working. Tried on vodaphone and even forced to ITIM. No luck. My Samsung s4 is working fine. Even tried upgrading iPhone sw (now on ios9). Have an iPhone 6 and have read several people have this same problem. Seems to be a well known problem with ios8.1 and later in italy with Verizon phones.

0 Likes