My new iphone 5C won't connect to my home wifi network. All of my other devices (including two ipads and an iphone 4S) have no connectivity problems. I have tried re-setting the phone and entering the network info manually. I repeatedly get one of two
Lexi72
Enthusiast - Level 2

My new iphone 5C won't connect to my home wifi network.  All of my other devices (including two ipads and an iphone 4S) have no connectivity problems.  I have tried re-setting the phone and entering the network info manually.  I repeatedly get one of two messages"cannot locate network" or "incorrect password."  Any thoughts or suggestions as to how to get it to connect?  I'm extremely frustrated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My new iphone 5C won't connect to my home wifi network.  All of my other devices (including two ipads and an iphone 4S) have no connectivity problems.  I have tried re-setting the phone and entering the network info manually.  I repeatedly get one of
Snn5
Legend

Try to move some of your files to your PC.  Given you have no wifi right now, don't use mobile data as that could get out of control pretty quickly.  This should free up some space, enough to do your update.  Beware the size of that OS update though, since you will have to download it via Mobile data, unless you can go elsewhere to use wifi.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My new iphone 5C won't connect to my home wifi network.  All of my other devices (including two ipads and an iphone 4S) have no connectivity problems.  I have tried re-setting the phone and entering the network info manually.  I repeatedly get one of
Snn5
Legend

I'll speak from a router angle.  Is the router set to only allow currently registered devices or does it have a set limit of devices it will allow to connect at a time?  Can you access your router via PC browser page and check connection statuses? 

0 Likes
Re: My new iphone 5C won't connect to my home wifi network. All of my other devices (including two ipads and an iphone 4S) have no connectivity problems. I have tried re-setting the phone and entering the network info manually. I repeatedly get one of
amberf_vzw
Verizon Employee

Oh no Lexi72! I want to get you back connected to your Wi-Fi! Is anyone else having issues getting connected to your Wi-Fi? What software do you have on your phone currently? Click here: iOS Updates Apple iPhone 5C | Verizon Wireless Please share details.

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Lexi72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion.  I haven't looked at the connection statuses.  I'll give that a shot.

Lexi72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amber, I just got the phone last week and the software was up to date at that time.  I did just look at my phone, though, and see there is an update for iOS 8.1.3.  Problem, though, not enough space on my phone to update.Wow, I'm really wishing now I hadn't switched my service.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Try to move some of your files to your PC.  Given you have no wifi right now, don't use mobile data as that could get out of control pretty quickly.  This should free up some space, enough to do your update.  Beware the size of that OS update though, since you will have to download it via Mobile data, unless you can go elsewhere to use wifi.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I should clarify:  Don't use Mobile Data to transfer any files from the phone to a cloud-based drive.

0 Likes
Re: My new iphone 5C won't connect to my home wifi network. All of my other devices (including two ipads and an iphone 4S) have no connectivity problems. I have tried re-setting the phone and entering the network info manually. I repeatedly get one of
Weth
Legend

Reboot the router. Even though other connections are working, rebooting router is important debug step. 

TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

We don't want you to feel that way, Lexi72. We along with the community want to make sure you are able to get the space you need in order to proceed with the update. This will ensure you have the best experience with the phone.

Snn5 has great recommendations to move the files. Can you let us know the progress?

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Lexi72
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm at work right now (where connectivity isn't a problem), and was able to complete the IOS 8.1.3 update.Thanks for the suggestions, all.  When I get home tonight I'll try connecting to wifi again.  Fingers crossed!