My son is not receiving my texts
LLavallee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 6 Plus. I gave my old phone to my son and activated it for him on his line. Now he cannot receive texts from me. Is there some setting I need to change? He receives texts from everyone else without an issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My son is not receiving my texts
LLavallee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I figured it out on my own. Thank you. He had iMessages turned off in his settings. We changed it to on and everything works fine now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want your son to receive your texts.  Lets see what's going on.  Are you the only person he is having text issues with?  Are you sending him text messages or Imessages?
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LLavallee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am the only one he is not getting messages from. I am sending text messages but I do notice that when I look back at the log, it says iMessage. Is there something I need to be doing differently?

0 Likes
LLavallee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I figured it out on my own. Thank you. He had iMessages turned off in his settings. We changed it to on and everything works fine now.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to also check the settings on your phone to allow it to send messages as SMS if iMessages isn't working. That's why your son was getting your messages while he had iMessages off.

Also be aware iMessages using data, so if he needs to watch his data usage it could contribute to the data plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes