My wife and I both have iPhone 6 phones. All of our settings appear to be identical. We're on the same firmware. We live in the USA, but frequently go to Canada. My phone seamlessly picks up a network for voice in Canada; hers has no service. What a
124Spider

What the title says....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My wife and I both have iPhone 6 phones. All of our settings appear to be identical. We're on the same firmware. We live in the USA, but frequently go to Canada. My phone seamlessly picks up a network for voice in Canada; hers has no service. Wh
Weth
Legend

Check specifically the following:

1) She has an International Roaming plan on her account by checking My Verizon. This can be the pay as you go plan, but it must have at least that plan. No plan is not the same thing as pay as you go.

2) On Settings/Cellular, make sure you have Roaming turned on for Voice or Voice and Data

3) Under Cellular/Roaming make sure International CDMA is turned off

0 Likes
Re: My wife and I both have iPhone 6 phones. All of our settings appear to be identical. We're on the same firmware. We live in the USA, but frequently go to Canada. My phone seamlessly picks up a network for voice in Canada; hers has no service. Wh
124Spider

None of those was it.

I spent far too long on the phone with an incompetent person at Verizon support, who finally consented to transfer me to a real support person, who almost immediately figured out that the person who had configured my wife's phone on their end had set it up to make international calls, but not to be able to make calls outside the USA.  Yes, there are morons everywhere.

Anyway, that solved the problem.

0 Likes
Re: My wife and I both have iPhone 6  phones.  All of our settings appear to be identical.  We're on the same firmware.  We live in the USA, but frequently go to Canada.  My phone seamlessly picks up a network for voice in Canada; hers has no service.  Wh
Weth
Legend

That was what I said in #1.  No roaming plan. So the first one was it.  You could have seen this and added it online.  She had no plan as I stated.

0 Likes
124Spider

No, that's not what you said.  We have and had a roaming plan.  Both phones are and were on the same plan. Both phones had all the user-controlled settings exactly the same.  One worked in Canada; the other didn't.

The problem was not user error of any sort.  The problem was the moron at Verizon who activated my wife's phone set it to be able to make international calls from the USA, but not to be able to be used internationally.  This despite our having a plan that allows us to make and receive calls in Canada.

So, no, that's not what you said.  But I do appreciate your effort.

0 Likes
Re: My wife and I both have iPhone 6  phones.  All of our settings appear to be identical.  We're on the same firmware.  We live in the USA, but frequently go to Canada.  My phone seamlessly picks up a network for voice in Canada; hers has no service.  Wh
Weth
Legend

That is what a roaming plan is! Able to make calls when traveling internationally. It is set up by line, not account!  Your wife did not have that roaming feature and that is what I said. 

I Never said it was user error, just that you could have fixed it from My Verizon. Her line needed international roaming feature.

it is what I said and it was #1 what I told you was wrong. 

international calling=being able to make international long distance calls from US

international roaming=able to use phone when in international country

I Am glad you have it working, but it is nice to have a thanks when you got it right. 

0 Likes
124Spider

Wow, I give up.  You clearly have no idea what I'm saying, and it doesn't help me or anyone looking at this poor thread any longer for me to explain, yet again, that she had a plan; we were paying for a plan, and there was nothing we could do, as users, to fix it.  They had to change settings on their end, with her phone turned off, to get it working right.  There as absolutely nothing we could have done by ourselves to fix it.

I'm not going to respond to any more posts, since this has really gone sideways....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

124Spider, I am sorry to hear of the very bumpy start to your travels and glad that she is now able to use her phone while away. Should you ever come across problems while traveling we do have a technical team in place specifically for global use at 908-559-4899.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes