New No contract/unlocked Apple iphone 6 on Verizon?
mcdrse

If I buy the no contract unlocked iphone 6 that Apple is now offering and get a nano-sim card from verizon, will it work with my current verizon plan?  I just got back from Apple store and they are saying that it will work but only on 3g and not 4G LTE.  I currently have an unlimited data plane with the iphone 4s and am looking to keep my unlimited plan.  Will I be able to use 4G LTE just by acitvating the unlocked device?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New No contract/unlocked Apple iphone 6 on Verizon?
Weth
Legend

Reports are that the sim free unlocked version bought from Apple is white listed for Verizon and can be activated on Verizon

iPhone 6, 6 Plus available unlocked and SIM free - CNET.  Look at comments too. 

You Can Now Buy a SIM-free Unlocked iPhone 6 or 6 Plus From Apple

this is from Apple:image.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: New Apple iphone 6 on Verizon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mcdrse,

We so excited to hear that you are interested in upgrading your line! You can purchase the iPhone 6 at full retail price, and keep your unlimited data. Click here and select the "month to month/full retail" amount of the device http://vz.to/1e948q1 .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport 

0 Likes
mcdrse

Do you know if I can buy the unlocked one through Apple?  I have credit at the apple store.  Also, will I only be limited to 3G data on the iPhone 6 as the apple store told me I would?  I have iPhone 4s now.  thank you

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

What they told you which you might have misunderstood.

Unlocked version from Apple will not work on Verizon. A Verizon version is also unlocked but uses different frequencies so if you bought a Verizon version from Verizon or Apple it doesn't matter as long as you don't sign a contract. Now the catch if you switch to some other carrier there is a chance the best you'll get is 3G.

Weth
Legend

Reports are that the sim free unlocked version bought from Apple is white listed for Verizon and can be activated on Verizon

iPhone 6, 6 Plus available unlocked and SIM free - CNET.  Look at comments too. 

You Can Now Buy a SIM-free Unlocked iPhone 6 or 6 Plus From Apple

this is from Apple:image.jpg

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Interesting. Are they sure exactly and they are not just in an XLTE area? That's really important distinction. I see how it is worded but again the IMEI have to be in the database for use of CDMA.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

My understanding that white listed is referring to the IMEI number being in Verizon's database.  I have not confirmed with someone that has done this yet though, so I am only going by the info from Apple and other trusted web sites.  Past SIM free unlocked models specifically mentioned GSM only and not for Verizon or Sprint, and Apple is careful with their wording.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Just making sure. Apple has goofed on their wording before.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I would say it looks very promising to work, but not absolutely confirmed. Who's going first? Smiley Happy

Tidbits
Legend

I am not an iPhone fan. I'd rather use a windows phone over an iPhone.