New Phone with Existing Device Purchase Agreement
ricotewsa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently have an iPhone 13 Pro that I got last year with Device Purchase Agreement with 13 months remaining, and it includes promotional credits for 13 months as part of the trade in I gave. 

I want to go to the Apple Store and purchase a new iPhone 14 Pro out right, in full, without any trade in.  Can I make this new iPhone 14 Pro my new device on my existing line without affecting my device purchase agreement and the associated credits? I will then my iPhone 13 Pro myself on Facebook Marketplace.

Can you please confirm I will not lose my promotional credits?

0 Likes
Re: New Phone with Existing Device Purchase Agreement
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ricotewsa, thank you for contacting us. We're here to help! As long as your device payment agreement continues, your monthly credits will continue as well. The credits will stop if you pay off your device payment agreement. 

~Baldo

0 Likes
Gilly29

I got stuck in a situation because a representative gave me the wrong information and all I got was a sorry about that. To answer your question if you buy a phone outright Verizon will charge you for what you still owe on your 13 so you will buy a phone outright and still have to pay the remaining balance on the old phone.

0 Likes
ricotewsa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Someone in a comment below is saying the opposite of what you are saying. Can you please confirm?

0 Likes
ricotewsa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Even if I purchase it myself as an unlocked device from the Apple store?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to be sure you have accurate and complete information, ricotewsa. You may purchase an iPhone 14 outright from an Apple store, and you may use that on your line while continuing to pay monthly and enjoy the monthly promotional credits. You may not sell the iPhone 13 until it is paid off, though. Does this help clarify what can and cannot be done?

-George

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You can purchase the iPhone 14 and use it on your line. What you cannot do is sell your iPhone 13 until it is fully paid off. It will remain locked until the balance is paid, which means that whoever you sell it to will not be able to use it. Does this help clarify things for you?

*Jeremy

0 Likes