New Verizon iPhone 6 does not receive incoming calls to ported number.
JonoUNC

I recently (2/2/2016) switched to a new Verizon iPhone 6 from another carrier (different phone) and ported my phone number.

Everything works except incoming calls to my ported number still go to my old phone.

Outgoing phone calls, outgoing/incoming text messages and email, internet all work great, but if I dial my ported number from another phone (like my land-line), it goes to my old phone.

Any ideas on what needs to be done to correct this?

I did chat with a Verizon rep and they tried a few things (turn off old phone, restart new phone, etc..) but nothing helped...they gave me the contact # for tech support but I'm at work right now and can't call so I thought I'd post this question to see if anyone else has experienced/resolved this.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Verizon iPhone 6 does not receive incoming calls to ported number.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JonoUNC,

We are so happy that you have joined our wireless family! Thank you! Making sure that your phone is up and running is important as it is our gateway to communication. Did you receive a text on your new VZW phone saying that your port has been completed? You will want to keep your old phone turned off & not turn it on again. Have you been able to turn the iPhone6 completely off & remove the SIM card? Please see this link http://apple.co/1OXev1G for steps.  You will just need to remove it for about 30 seconds & then put it back in & power the phone on. When  you do that, please test out an incoming call & let us know what happens.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JonoUNC

Powered off the iPhone 6 and removed the SIM card for 30 seconds...reinserted SIM card, powered on iPhone 6...placed a call to iPhone 6 from land-line phone...call still went to old phone's voicemail (since the old phone itself is off now).

What next?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you giving this a try, JonoUNC . As much as we were trying to avoid it, a call is going to have to be made. We have a specialized group that is able to assist with this transistional hiccup. They can be reached by calling 888-844-7095 .

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes