New Verizon updates
ANNODE10

Has anybody else been slammed by the new Verizon updates that automatically turns on WiFi and eats up your data?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Verizon updates
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Check your wifi assist settings on those iPhones. BTW....Verizon doesn't sned the updates to the phone. They come directly from Apple. So it would be Apple that woud need to tell you why they turned on the setting.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If it turns on WiFi, how does it eat up data? Or are you talking about WiFi Assist which uses data when WiFi is not good signal strength?

0 Likes
ANNODE10

No, when I chatted with the Verizon tech, she stated that the new software update will automatically turn on your WiFi. Then it is proceeding to use small amounts of data 4 times a day, for example at 2:15 am 8:15 am 2:15pm and 8:15 pm all in the same day. Which is probably unusual for someone to do the exact same thing 4 times a day at those same times day after day.I have a 12gb data plan shared with 2 other family members. Normally(for the last 2 years) we will barely use 4gb of that plan. Then all of a sudden I received a text stating that I was almost out of data and to purchase another 1gb.when I looked at the data usage, I found this on all three phones on our plan.

0 Likes
ANNODE10

we have three phones on this one plan and they are all the Iphone 6.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to get the most out of your data connection on the right network when needed. What models are the devices being used on the account?

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Check your wifi assist settings on those iPhones. BTW....Verizon doesn't sned the updates to the phone. They come directly from Apple. So it would be Apple that woud need to tell you why they turned on the setting.