New iPhone 6 is not automatically connecting to my home wifi network when
Arii

I have a new iPhone 6. When I am at home it is not connecting to my home wifi. My other devices are connecting fine: iPad and iPhone 4s and Verizon Fios. When I go to connect in settings and choose my network, I am constantly asked for my password, which I don't know because it never asked me for my password when I was using my iPhone 4s so I don't even remember if I have one. How do I find out my password in order to get on my wifi at home? I keep getting the runaround when I call the various numbers I'm supposed to call to get help.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New iPhone 6 is not automatically connecting to my home wifi network when
notso-happy
Enthusiast - Level 1

your issue may be much simpler than it seems. if you dont remember, its possible that you never logged into your router, and thus, never setup your network custom name and/or password. in that case, the password will on the back of your router. all newer routers refer to it as a network key, or password. older ones may have a different name.

just try that, and see if it works. if that does not work, then you may have a password set up, or some one else set it up. so, hard reset your router, by pushing and holding the reset button for 40n seconds, and it will reset and reboot.

then you can use that password on the back. you must redo everything you got with that password after the reset.

good luck

View solution in original post

Re: New iPhone 6 is not automatically connecting to my home wifi network when
notso-happy
Enthusiast - Level 1

your issue may be much simpler than it seems. if you dont remember, its possible that you never logged into your router, and thus, never setup your network custom name and/or password. in that case, the password will on the back of your router. all newer routers refer to it as a network key, or password. older ones may have a different name.

just try that, and see if it works. if that does not work, then you may have a password set up, or some one else set it up. so, hard reset your router, by pushing and holding the reset button for 40n seconds, and it will reset and reboot.

then you can use that password on the back. you must redo everything you got with that password after the reset.

good luck

Wifi Password Needed; Check Back of Router?
Labatdorf

I do not remember the wifi password,  we had to have a repair person here, now phone wont automatically connect and I forgot password, sign on is Taranto, need password.  Do not want to change just need to enter

0 Likes
RE: Wifi Password Needed; Check Back of Router?
rcschnoor
Legend

No one on these forums can tell you what your wifi password is. Maybe the repairman reset your wifi router and the password changed back to the default password. Check the back of your router to see if anything is listed. Otherwise, you should call your broadband ISP to have them help you.

0 Likes