New upgrade plan.
Robwithtoast12
Contributor - Level 1

I am interested in the new upgrade plan. I am just wondering if this only applies to new accounts. I have a iPhone 6 that I would love to upgrade to the 6s. So the real question is if I am allowed to jump on the new plan or would I have to wait for my contract to end?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New upgrade plan.
Weth
Legend

You can switch to the new plan, but you won't be eligible for a new phone until your original contract is completed.  You will also continue to have a $40 line access fee and not $20 until your contract is up. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mrgossett
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would like to know the answer to this too.

kylepauljohnson
Enthusiast - Level 1

+1

Robwithtoast12
Contributor - Level 1

I have been looking but they haven't really released enough details.

0 Likes
rockspy19

from what i read, if you are in a current 2 yr contract you can't but on the payment plan you can. Kinda BS b/c iPhone 6 people should be able to turn in their phone and get the new one on the new upgrade plan and have the line price drop to $20 from $40

0 Likes
Robwithtoast12
Contributor - Level 1

Well that is unfortunate. This makes me regret signing a 2 year contract. I am just spoiled and want to have the last eat and greatest.

0 Likes
rockspy19

I agree! I want to have a new iPhone every year too!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You can switch to the new plan, but you won't be eligible for a new phone until your original contract is completed.  You will also continue to have a $40 line access fee and not $20 until your contract is up. 

0 Likes
Robwithtoast12
Contributor - Level 1

So really no point to switch?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Unless the data prices are better for you, Otherwise, no. 

0 Likes