Newly bought XS Max appeared as BLACKLISTED
pndkhanh

Hi,

I have just bought a brand new, sealed iPhone XS Max (Silver - 256GB) - Global version from Verizon.

I can activate it and use it normally without any issue even on a non-Verizon network.

However, problem is upon checking on imeipro.info, imei24.com, and checkesnfree.com. They are all saying that my phone is BLACKLISTED.

But my serial number on checkcoverage.apple.com are all good. I even had a live chat with them and ask them to check from their side, and they told that there is no issue with my phone.

My questions are:

1. Are these checking sites correct? and did their imei database in sync with mobile operator worldwide? Should I trust these sites?
  2. Will my phone be blocked when I come back to US (FYI I am not in US as of now) and put a sim on (any sim) as claimed by those checking sites?

Thanks a lot for your help,

K.P.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Newly bought XS Max appeared as BLACKLISTED
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

While unable to comment on non-Verizon Wireless website’s accuracy, I can say that after your device’s initial activation on the Verizon network it is unlocked for use on other carriers. How long has your XS Max been active on the Verizon Wireless network?

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pndkhanh

Hi David,

It had been unlocked on 06 Nov 2018.

If it's ok please help me to check tje phone IMEI from your site. I can share the phone IMEI, kindly please send me a private message.

Thanks,

K.P.

0 Likes
pndkhanh

And also, is Verizon and other US mobile operator refering to those sites when validating the blackkisted IMEI?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information you provided, Khanh. I totally understand the importance of making sure your device will work properly on the network. It is true that we can not confirm or deny if those websites you visited provided you with the correct information, but I did send you a private message to look closer into this for you. Please respond to my message so I can further assist you.

Cheton_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes