No Cellular Data after 9.3.4 Update on iPhone 6
esseyejay
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I updated, even with cellular data on, airplane mode off, and the correct settings in which apps are allowed to use data, I get time-outs on everything. Cannot connect to My Verizon, can't check the weather, etc. Wi-Fi connection sometimes works. I get calls and text; just no data. Tried it outside my immediate area, at my daughter's house. Her Verizon data worked; mine still didn't. It's the iPhone, then, not a service outage.

Have searched the Internet and Apple Support, and have found nothing that works. Has anyone else had this issue and figured it out? Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: No Cellular Data after 9.3.4 Update on iPhone 6
Weth
Legend

Did you reboot again?   Did you remove SIM and put it back? 

0 Likes
esseyejay
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have rebooted numerous times to no avail. Do not know how to remove SIM but will see if I can find out.

Thanks for the reply!

0 Likes
esseyejay
Enthusiast - Level 2

Removed and reinserted. Did not work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

esseyejay,

Being able to access your cell data is a must! It is concerning to hear you are having this issue. I appreciate you giving the sim card pull a try. May I have you try a couple minor resets to see if you notice a difference? These links will go over how to perform them:

Reset Network Settings: http://vz.to/1PFt1rK

Reset All Settings: http://vz.to/1JLyrjo

You can try the first reset & see if a difference. If not, go ahead &try the second one. You will not be losing things like contacts, pictures, etc. You may, though, have to go back & reset up things like your WiFi, wallpaper, ringtones, etc.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BILLSAN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue- went to verizon, changed sim card- worked for a while (i'm guessing until I drove out of that tower range) and then no service again.  So, I went to a reputable repair place.  HE SAID THIS IS THE 4th VERIZON iphone 6 he's seen with the same issue in the last month.  He said it must have to do with the update, somehow affecting the phone's ability to search cell towers.  He said he even changed out the antenna for 1 customer and IT STILL DIDN"T WORK!

So I'm going to genius bar on Saturday.  My phone is off warranty.   if Verizon/Apple update is behind this, I won't be happy. 

0 Likes
esseyejay
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please let me know what you learn!

I was all prepared to do a reset/restore when mine started working again and has worked since. That made me assume it was Verizon, that since I posted in the forum here that someone flipped a switch or something.

BILLSAN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Will do, essayjay.  If someone at Verizon wants to flip a switch for me, please do!

0 Likes