No Notification for full voicemail?
sparker17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got off the phone with Verizon support who told me there are no notifications to tell me my voicemail box is almost full (or even full). During this time with so many robo calls, I find it hard to believe that this feature doesn't exist. It seems to me there was a feature many years ago but not anymore? 

I guess the only solution is to remind myself each week to delete my voice messages. This solution sounds completely idiotic. My guess that other phone carriers offer this option.

Re: No Notification for full voicemail?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would hate to lose you for a situation like this, the voicemail notifications about being full will vary on the device's make and model. What device do you have?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why aren't you deleting your voicemails already after you have heard them and dealt with them? I can understand keeping a voicemail or two for sentimental reasons, but there is no reason to keep regular voicemails for a long time. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also I'm guessing you have an iPhone since that's where you posted your question. The Apple voicemail system is the same across all carriers. If you feel that strongly about having a notification when the voicemail is full, tell APPLE to add that feature.

As someone who has called a number of people over the years who have to use the "fruit" phones for their work, it gets incredibly frustrating to their voicemail is full for days on end. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LayDeeTee
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's not true at all. You should get a screen prompt that says something like "Warning; Your voicemail is 90% full" (or something similar) It may have something to do with your phone settings & notifications. **I get prompted; I'm using iPhone XS running iOS 14.5.1

LayDeeTee
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's not helpful to the poster's problem. 🙂  Besides, Verizon does have an issue with voicemail on iPhone devices not working correctly. Example; If you use "Visual Voicemail" and delete a message there, it still remains in your voicemail storage and counts toward your mailbox limit. You have to use *86 to CALL into your voicemail, enter your "password", press #, then listen to your voicemail and delete each message from there in order to completely delete messages out of your Verizon email inbox. ***It makes NO sense and I've been complaining to Verizon about it for 2 years. 😞

LayDeeTee
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Ann154  Again, that's not a helpful reply for the posters problem. 🙂  If you are frustrated with "fruit phone people", start another post and express your issues there to connect with other "fruit phone issues people". 🙂  This poster needs responses to their voicemail questions.

0 Likes