No voicemail!
Minderella0109

I recently discovered that I do not have voicemail. I tried look at the list of where they're usually listed and I no longer have that option. When I click voicemail it calls myself asking which number I would like to leave a message for.

How do I get voicemail back or what should I be doing?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No voicemail!
Nbytim
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try disabling call forwarding ... By disabling call forward by dialing *73... Then press the voicemail option again .. If it asks you to re-set up your voicemail then do it ... Should work afterwards ... Make sure you have the voicemail feature ... You can check that in my vzw... The feature was the problem for me.

0 Likes
Minderella0109

On my VZW it says visual voicemail is included

I turned off call forwarding, but I don't believe it was on. Still not fixing the problem.

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Nbytim
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can try doing a reset network settings ... They would erase your wifi password and you will have to re connect to it ... Outside of that you might actually have to call tech support ... They may need to check the network provisioning.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Minderella0109,

Missing your voicemail is not a great feeling. Being able to use and access your voicemail is important. Let's get you back in action. Did anything change on your device around the time this issue started? Have you been able to try the wonderful step provided by Nbytim, to reset your network settings? What version iPhone do you have and what software version on your device? Settings>General>About.
LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Minderella0109

The only thing different is I went from a 5c to a 6plus, but this was 3+ months ago.

I tried all of the suggestions that were recommended and none of them worked. When I go to my voicemail screen, it used to list who has left a voicemail and let you pick which ones you listen to or keep/delete. Now, when I go to it, it just calls me and asks to enter the number I wish to leave a message for or to hit # for my mailbox or something along those lines. I don't even know my mailbox number or what this even means.

I know I used to have regular voicemail on my old device, I don't know if the plan no longer offers it, but my husband has it (he has a droid).

Any help with this would be great.

Thanks,

Mindy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Minderella0109,

I truly appreciate all the details you have provided. We will definitely get to the bottom of this voicemail issue. I would like to take a look at your account to review this situation further. I have sent you a Private Message so I can gain the needed information. Please respond back to my Private Messge so we can investigate.

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
justasquid

So how can anyone else benefit from these posts if the answers are private? I've seen this pattern a number of times.

0 Likes
Minderella0109

They mark it private because they ask for personal information in regards to your own personal account. I don't know if they post the outcome. I have to even responded yet because it's probably something with the plan I currently have, plus I was slightly apprehensive on the validity of whether or not it was an actual Verizon customer service representative.

0 Likes