Not receiving some text messages for weeks.
Relyt

I've recently not been receiving text messages from one friend in particular, sometimes for weeks at a time. The texts in question are almost always a link to a craigslist posting or something similar. All normal text messages are delivered without problems, but I'd like to get all messages when they're supposed to.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving some text messages for weeks.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Relyt,

Text message is my main means of communication so I completely understand the importance of having it work properly.

Is the issue with standard text or iMessages? Which iPhone do you have? Are you able to receive text from that person when a craigslist link is not included? How long has this been happening?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Relyt

My phone is an iPhone 6 Plus 128GB. The other phone I believe is a Kyocera of some kind. Both are on Verizon plans. He has never had an iPhone, or any Apple product, so it's not an iMessage issue. Messages that don't include a link seem to work fine. The problem seems to have only popped up in the last month or so. I assume it's something to do with a Verizon spam filter or something similar? Does Verizon have something like that?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details. Is he copying and pasting this link when the message is sent? Or is he using the craigslist app to “share” something to your phone? What happens if he sends a link to a different website?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes