Re: Number Spoofing
DavidCx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like you, I am unsure of what the threshold of awareness is before Verizon offers a better solution than "change your number and call the FCC". Oh well.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I can only go by the info provided in this thread as it is the thread that I am responding to. So the harassment isn't calls that you are getting but are calls that are reportedly coming from your device or FaceTime info. FaceTime calls can come from your Apple ID on a different iDevice as well as your phone number...something I am sure you are aware of. So yes...if someone else knows your Apple ID or passwords they could very easily do this without using your device. If Verizon is showing that it is coming from your Verizon account (using your Verizon data either directly on the phone or via hotspot use of your data) then your attorney may have a difficult road ahead of them. If someone is using your info to FaceTime from a computer or other iDevice (and it's actually just using your Apple ID) then it becomes a case of proving it wasn't you and someone else has access to your info. Again, I assume your attorney is aware of what he is dealing with. But you have to remember...FaceTime is an Apple feature, not Verizon. And can be used without actually using any Verizon data so it's not impossible for someone else to use your Apple ID without hacking your phone or spoofing it.  I'd suggest changing your Apple ID but since you weren't willing to change your number I don't know if doing that is something you would do.

All of this is moot so I'll stop throwing out possibilities. Your attorney probably has it all under control anyway so your outcome should come soon. Enjoy the rest of your day and good luck.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That would have me concerned as well Liz317. Let's make sure this randomness ends here. When did this first begin? Were there any recent updates to your phone, like software or new apps? Is there any physical or liquid damage to the phone?
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes