Re: Old iPhone trade in for iPhone 6?
Ranand
Enthusiast - Level 3

Vzw rep

In the pre order process does the buyer have to purchase at vzw.com or can one also use apple.com and then subsequently trade in via the link listed in this thread?

0 Likes
Kicjow
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an iphone 4 and I am really looking forward to the upgrade but with my iphone the lock button is stuck shut and i found that it is a common problem with iphones. My iphone 4 still turns off with the Accessibility mode and can turn on when plugged in to the wall or a computer and I wanted to know if the lock button would stop me from getting the upgrade offer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stevek28,

You're welcome!  I apologize but the end date of the promotion has not yet been clarified.  I'm sure it will be very shortly! Keep an eye on the iPhone page; http://vz.to/1ujudtj

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jessicaleigh718

So according to this, I do NOT have to be eligible for an upgrade to get the offer if I am an existing costumer I can still qualify? My upgrade isn't until November

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ranand,

Thanks for your inquiry.  The iPhone 6 trade in promo is only through Verizon Wireless directly.  You can always use our standard trade in program; www.trade-in.vzw.com and purchase your phone through Apple.  Although, the value of your trade in may not be as high this route. Let us know if you have any other questions.

TrevorC_VZW

0 Likes
Kicjow
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes can you answer my question thx.

~ Joe

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kicjow,

Thanks for your inquiry.  We're all very excited about the new device and trade in program.  Here are the requirements of the trade in;

The trade-in Apple iPhone must be in good working condition based on Verizon Device Recycling Program requirements:
  • Phone can turn on and off.
  • LCD screen is free of cracks and functioning correctly.
  • Phone and connecting ports are free of visible corrosion and water damage.
  • Battery is present.
  • Phone and charging port are free of cracks and dents, and are not missing any pieces or chunks (not including cords or accessories).
  • For iPhones running iOS 7 or higher, the Find My iPhone feature must be deactivated (turned off) before iPhone is traded in.
  • All triage questions must answer "Yes" to qualify.

According to these requirements it sounds like you're in the clear! I may suggest bringing into a local our for inspection before trading in to make sure all bases are covered.

TrevorC_VZW

0 Likes
Kicjow
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok thank you I was planning on heading over the the Local Store to check to make sure thank you.

~Joe

0 Likes
ralvarez79

I have a question what if I go into the store to do the old iPhone trade in for the new iPhone 6 do I get the 200$ when im there or do I have to wait?

0 Likes
DJMeyer

I've been reading articles that this trade-in is only good for the 16gb iPhone 6, I planned on getting the 64gb. Can I get the gift card towards that?

0 Likes