Re: Old iPhone trade in for iPhone 6?
cmunny
Enthusiast - Level 1

DDo you need  to be eligible for an upgrade if you are an existing customer to take advantage of this deal?

rcschnoor
Legend

You don't need to be eligible for an upgrade to take advantage of the trade-in deal. You do need to be eligible for an upgrade to get the upgrade pricing, though.

rcschnoor
Legend

You will have to wait to get the $200.

0 Likes
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

I have read through all the posts on this thread and did not see my question answered so here goes.....  I am eligible for an upgrade. I have an iphone 4s that has been in an otterbox since I got it so it is perfect condition. Can I pre-order my iphone 6 / 6plus tomorrow for the $199 cost and then once it arrives (hopefully the 19th) take my new phone as well as current 4s directly to my local VZW store and have them run the trade-in transaction to confirm the $200 gift card to be mailed and then take care of activating my iphon6 and transferring everyone over? When pre-ordering will I have an option to say I am going to trade-In my old phone but will do that in store as opposed to mail-in once the new one arrives.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Ranand
Enthusiast - Level 3

Vzw Trevor. I did not mean the trade in. I mean if the purchase is made on apple.com does the trade in value hold?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DJMeyer,

Great question! We want you to get the fully value out of your trade in. When trading in an older iPhone the trade in value will work towards any memory size for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. You can submit trade ins here... http://bit.ly/GGnDDC

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nonnyc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is the offer available for customers currently not eligible for an upgrade as well?

rs8005
Enthusiast - Level 2

If the gift card is not available for weeks after trade in, how is this a free iphone 6? What can the gift card be used for because it cannot be used to pay for the iphone 6 if that is the case. If you do an instore trade-in will the gift card be issued immediately?  Do you have to trade in and upgrade at the same time (wait for gift card to upgrade and reactivate older phone in the meantime) ? Doesn't seems like that great of a deal if you can only use it to pay for overpriced in store accessories. Can it be used to at least pay your monthly bill? Hopefully that can be cleared up because the advertising of a FREE Iphone 6 has the potential to be extremely misleading.

dasme
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon CSR,

How does this offer work for someone who is currently 1 year into their 2 year contract (not an EDGE Customer)? I have a 32 iPhone 5s and I would like to upgrade to the 64 iPhone 6.  I would really like specifics about trade in and pricing, cost to upgrade, do I extend my 2 year contract to a 3 year contract? etc.

Thank you,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good questions rs8005. Our information is limited as the pre-order date has not yet approached. However, in the past anytime you do a trade in, in the store it is immediate. If it's done online, you will receive a gift card that can be used towards your balance. So if you bill the phone to the account, you would apply the gift card and then you have your free phone. Keep an eye out on our website as the date gets closer! We are just as excited as you are!

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes