Re: Old iPhone trade in for iPhone 6?
bmcd73

There hasn't been a straight forward answer for the $200 gift card and what it can be used for.  I plan on signing up as a new customer.  My wife and I have an iPhone 4s each.  They are unlocked.  That means they are eligible for the $200 gift card.  But when you sign up online, it says that there is an amount you owe now (using 5s as an example) which would be $198 for 2 iPhone 5s.  It doesn't look like you can have them bill you this amount.

So with the new iphones, it will be $199 each phone or $400 for two.  I'm guessing I will have to pay that right away and at a later date get the gift card for my other phones.  Can I just take these phones into a store and be issued a GC right away once I get the new phones and more importantly, WHAT can this gift card be used for?  If it is only for accessories and in store Verizon purchases, this doesn't do me any good.  Can it be used to apply to my cell phone bill?  Will the $200 per phone still be active when I get the new phones or better yet, how long will that offer stand?

The only reason I am considering switching is the $200 deal per phone.  So if I cannot use it because it expires too soon or because the gift card cannot be used for a cell bill payment, then I am not interested.

0 Likes
whmscl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tamara, to clarify, am I GUARANTEED $200 for my iPhone 4S if it meets the requirements you listed? When I go to the link you provided (http://vz.to/17tYyaN. ) it says my phone is worth a maximum of $120. (My 4S is in absolutely flawless condition, everything works and it does not have one scratch on it). Is this another misleading Verizon trade-in promo? I have heard that in previous promotions people thought they would get $100 and they only got $25.

0 Likes
bmcd73

@whmscl - it sounds like they will update it tonight as it is a promotion.  That is the standard phone trade in link.

0 Likes
whmscl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I talked to Verizon customer service a few days ago and asked about this. He said it is a Visa gift card that Verizon sends you and you can use it for anything you would buy with a Visa card.

0 Likes
whmscl
Enthusiast - Level 2

As it was explained to me, first you buy the new iPhone 6 or 6 Plus from Verizon, at the full Verizon price, and sign up with a new 2-year commitment with Verizon. Then you trade in your old phone. Then in a couple of weeks they send you the gift card. You might be able to do all of this in the store at the same time but I'm not sure.

0 Likes
Not applicable

There are no contracts/commitments when you pay full price for any device.

Contracts, at less than full price lock you into a contract or commitment.

Good Luck

0 Likes
bmcd73

I don't know why they just don't say a "Verizon Visa gift card" or a "Visa gift card".  Everyone knows what that means and no one knows what a Verizon gift card is.  I suspect you are correct but it would be nice to get confirmation from someone at Verizon.

0 Likes
whmscl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not full price, Verizon's "full price" when you buy a phone with a 2-year commitment. I simple meant that you can't apply the $200 gift card to your iPhone 6 at the time you're buying it. You have to buy the iPhone 6 first, and then apply for credit for your existing iPhone.

0 Likes
ralvarez79

U have to have an upgrede to do the trade in?

0 Likes
baa6666

can the trade in be done at the verizon store or only on line?

0 Likes