Re: Old iPhone trade in for iPhone 6?
Not applicable

That is called a subsidized price. With Contract.

The edge plan is no contract at full price spread out over 20 payments.

0 Likes
dwkucera
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well it appears that you can only only get the $199 price if you are eligible for an upgrade, and I can understand that. So it looks like my wife and I may be switching to T-Mobile. They will pay our ETFs and give us $300 for each of our phones. I know we will have to pay full price for the iPhone 6 from them but when offset by the $300 credit and the fact that their plans are so much less than we are paying Verizon for the same thing, has got us thinking it may be time time to switch even though we have been with Verizon for 11 years or more. I know T-M does not have the coverage Verizon does in many areas, but they have great coverage here where we are.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Happy to help clarify this Hmcdaycare! With any promotions that are tied to the purchase of a specific device, you will want to wait to purchase the device to become eligible for special trade in promotions. Currently your phone will only show the lower dollar amount, as you have no additional promotions that would allow the site to estimate a different trade in amount. Look forward to seeing your experience with your new phone!

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would love to confirm, bmcd73! You will receive a Verizon gift card for trading in your current iPhone. Have a great day.

ChaunceyM-VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
deosola
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let's see if I can summarize what I read so far:

1)  Pre-order the phone (pay either full price or eligible upgrade price)

2)  "Pay" for the phone (I assume we can ask that the price of the phone be charged to my account)

3)  We will get a promotional code that we can use on the trade-in site

4)  We will get the rebate as a Verizon Gift Card

5)  Use the gift card to pay my Verizon Wireless bill

Question:  How will that special trade-in promotional code be given to those of us who pre-order online?

curtis0180
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello! How do liquid indicators fit into this check list? My phone is good to go according to this list and has never had an incident with water. However I do have an indicator at my charging port of my 4 that has been tripped. As I have read, this can be attributed to humidity (steam from shower likely in this case). On the trade in portion of your website, your list is said to disregard indicators. How is this being handled regarding trade in for the 6?

My fear: sending in a phone 4 with no cracked screen or back, no chunks missing, disabled find my iphone, and no condensation or corrosion due to water... And getting only $30 back because liquid indicators are tripped after fronting $230 for an upgrade and new iphone 6 when I was expecting to be rebated $200.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can absolutely understand your concerns with this. Where you would want to check this indicator is in the charging port and headset jack. If one of those is showing that there is liquid damage it could disqualify you. What I would recommend doing, is stopping in at a store, and see if they can verify this for you. Hopefully you can still take part of this promotion.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to give you the straight forward answer, bmcd73. You would need to pay for the devices at the time of purchase. Once you trade your device in, you will receive a gift card for your traded in amount in 4-6 weeks. You can use the gift card to pay your bill or purchase any accessories you would like to.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Drew2324
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here it is folks - finally vzw listed the details on their FAQs:

iPhone Trade-in Promotion

1. What is the Verizon Wireless iPhone® Trade-In Promotion?The Verizon Wireless iPhone Trade-In Promotion allows customers who would like to purchase a new iPhone® 6 or iPhone® 6 Plus to trade in their old iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c or iPhone 5s from any carrier and receive a Verizon Wireless gift card. Trading in with Verizon Wireless provides you:
    • The ability to obtain the latest wireless technology.

• An Eco Safe method of disposing old wireless devices and helps keep waste out of landfills.

• The opportunity to trade in and upgrade on America’s Largest, Most Reliable 4G LTE Network.
  2. How does this trade-in promotion work?
    • You will receive a $200 VZW Trade-in Gift Card when you trade in your old iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, or iPhone 5c, and purchase a new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus with a new Verizon Edge agreement, 2 year contract, or when you pay full retail price.

• You will receive a $300 VZW Trade-in Gift Card when you trade in your old iPhone 5s and purchase a new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus with a new Verizon Edge agreement, 2 year contract, or when you pay full retail price.

• Once you submit your trade online, you will receive shipping materials to mail your old iPhone back to VZW.

• Mail back your old iPhone in the shipping materials that were mailed to you after you receive your new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus.  Be aware of the 11/15 deadline for returning your old iPhone.

• The Trade-In promotion is also available in Verizon Wireless Retail Stores from 9/12/14 thru 9/30/14.
  3. What are the requirements to participate in this offer?
    • You must be purchasing either iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus on a new Verizon Edge agreement, 2 year contract, or when you pay full retail price. If you do not purchase iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, you’ will receive the normal trade-in value for your device.

• Your iPhone trade-in can be from any carrier & must be in good working condition:

• Phone can turn on and off.
      • LCD screen is free of cracks and functioning correctly.
      • Phone and connecting ports are free of visible corrosion and water damage.
      • Phone and charging port are free of cracks and dents, and not missing any pieces or chunks (not including cords or accessories).
      • For iPhones running iOS 7 or higher, the Find My iPhone feature must be deactivated (turned off) before iPhone is traded in.

• Your account must be in good standing to participate in this trade-in offer.

• Early Edge and Edge Up customers are not eligible for this promotion at this time.
  4. When can I trade my old iPhone and purchase the new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus?Starting on 9/12/14 you can visit verizonwireless.com and place your preorder for the new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus.

Once your purchase is complete, visit the online trade-in website to submit your trade request. You must submit your trade between 9/12/14 & 9/30/14 to receive this promotion. 

Note: Only 1 iPhone can be traded in at this promotional value for each new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus purchased with a new Verizon Edge agreement, 2 year contract, or when you pay full retail price..

Government accounts are not eligible for this promotion.

Please allow up to 4-6 weeks from receipt of trade-in device for the Verizon Wireless Gift Card to arrive if trade-in was submitted online.

Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

This should answer all questions!

pjablonski

So it appears that you can use the Verizon Gift Card to pay your bill. However, years ago when a similar offer was run we took advantage and got the card. Unfortunately, we were unable to pay our bill with the gift card as we bundle our wireless with our FIOS and landline. Can a VZ rep confirm if one can pay the Verizon FIOS bundle bill with the $200 Verizon Gift Card? If that's the case, than a trade-in is less than desirable as I'm not going to buy $200 worth of accessories. Thanks.

0 Likes